Hello Hank,

First, I have reported this issue to V M Ware so it will be interesting how
they respond.

Second, while I read about several solutions by Esther and on the web, after
a while I think I experienced information overload and got very confused on
this one.

Third, seizing on the information posted by Esther, I made no changes in
Windows but, rather, decided to opt for the Fusion interface based solution.

I am not sure if this counts as a solution but I find that I can live with
it at present.  Here are the steps I took:

1.
>From the Mac Desktop, I opened Fusion, which for me, automatically opens
Windows 7 in a virtual machine.  Note that at this point, I do not turn off
VoiceOver.  Also note that I run Windows 7 Virtual machine as a full screen.

One more thing, I am currently using Beta 11 of Fusion so the menus and
buttons described below may differ.

2.
Execute the Finder Menu command by entering VO+M.

3.
Open the V M Ware Fusion Menu in the Finder.

4.
Click Preferences.  You see three Tabs labeled General, Keyboard & Mouse,
and Default Applications.

5.
Select the Keyboard & Mouse Tab.  You will see four Tabs labeled Key
Mappings, Mouse Shortcuts, Mac OS Shortcuts, and Fusion Shortcuts.

6.
Select the Key Mapping Tab which should be opened by default.

7.
Note:  Make sure the Enable Key Mapping Checkbox is checked.

In this Tab, you will discover a Table that lists the key mappings that are
currently being used.

8.
Once you move past the Table, there are two unlabelled buttons.  These two
buttons are Add and Remove.  Do not be afraid of accidentally Clicking the
Remove button for you cannot delete the existing key Mappings; you can only
change them.  Anyway, the first of the two unlabelled buttons is the Add
button.

9.
Select the Add button.  This will cause a Window to open with a "From" and
"To" multi-control field to appear.  In simplest terms, with the "From"
field in focus, you may either press the key on your keyboard that you wish
to emulate another key, in order to complete this field, or you may invoke
the VO Popup menu command to select from a list.

10.
With the "To" field in focus, Invoke the VO Popup menu command and select
the destination key.

Close this menu in order to save your changes.

By the way, on my MacBook Pro keyboard, I remapped the key directly beneath
the Escape key as the CapsLock key.

Good Luck,

Mark
PS
As I am using a Beta of Fusion, I cannot post this information to my BLOG.