Hmm, imho it makes no sense, but perhaps there's something that I,
you, and every other list veteran I can think of has overlooked lol.

Seeing as you've got the convo rolling with them this time, perhaps
it's worth an email back asking them how you're supposed to
efficiently cycle through applications only within the selected space
and only using the keyboard.  It'll either yield the overlooked
answer, or maybe make the penny drop at their end about the problem.

Scott