It seems to me that if "keep in dock" is an option, you haven't actually put it
in the dock. The way apps usually work is that they go into the dock when you
open them and leave the dock when you quit them. But if you either add the
application or item to the dock or check "keep in dock" then the application
will stay there all the time. So if you have "keep in dock" for an option, I
think this means that terminal hasn't actually been put permanently in the dock
and terminal will automatically be removed from the dock when you quit
terminal.
--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: