I'm thinking that maybe I'm beating a very dead horse here but I tried logging
into my work server using Remote Desktop Connect. this worked fine but of
course no speech on the remote screen.

I'm assuming that some type of screen reader must be installed on the server
side in order for any remote desktop access to work, be it windows or Mac?

If anyone is using Team Viewer to log into a work server, please let me know
how that works and what I need to get from my IT person in order to do this. I
get the whole computer to computer thing with Team viewer. We do that all the
time at work for things. It works well too. That said, logging into a server is
apparently a bit different.

Thanks to all who actually do this. Sadly these are some of the skills we need
today to be productive in the workplace and I'm not seeing much beyond basic
computer operation in so many vocational settings. then again, don't get me on
that soapbox. :)
Jenine Stanley
dragonwalke...@gmail.com