Hi Keith,

Three more questions.

1. What do the following lines do? Do they test whether the file is a
text-based or image-based pdf? Do I need to customise any of that stuff (e.g.
the MyFile thing), or do I simply copy and paste it as is?
set myFile to POSIX path of theFile
set theResult to do shell script "grep -i 'encoding' " & quoted form of myFile
& " &>/dev/null && echo 1 || echo 0"
if theResult is "0" then

2. Do I need to have those .wav files for it's done etcetera for those alert
sounds to work? I guess I can just change that path name to point to one of the
system files and it should work? Or I could just remove that line entirely?

3. Do I need to enter the version number for PDFPen?

Cheers,
Nic