Hi all, thank you for the continued replies and assistance.

I’m still not successful.  :)

I can easily open a text document and write a couple lines, then save to iTunes
as spoken text, but I won’t have the sound beforehand.

I tried this earlier and not sure where I went wrong.

set soundFile to "~/desktop/test.aiff"
beep
delay 0.5
say "You have a new message." using "WillUpClose infovox iVox HQ" saving to
soundFile

The beep sound is a knocking on a door and that Will voice is kind of creepy,
so I want to end up with a sound file of knocking then Whispery Will saying you
have a new message.  Lol, it’s a silly goal, but a bit of fun.

I’ve also been playing around in the command line to see if I can succeed there.

Thanks again,
Traci