Another thing worth mentioning if you don't want to change back and
forth between keyboard layouts is that you can use the option key.

option+e then type a vowel and it puts an accent over it
option+n and then type the n and it putes a tilde over it

option+u and then type u and it puts a dialisis over it.
option+shift+q? makes an inverted question mark
option+1 makes an inverted exclamation mark.

You might not like that voiceover still, even when localized in
Spanish, does not read inverted questions and exclamations right.  I
changed this in the pronunciation dictionary so it says, pregunta
invertida and exclamación invertida etc