Hi,

You can also use the Dock for this.  Focus on the Dock item for the specific
app, press VO-shift-m to bring up the Contextual menu, go to Options and open
its sub-menu.  In that menu, there should be a choice to Open at Login.  If it
is checked, then simply press return on that item and it will toggle off and no
longer open on startup.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada