There is a much simpler solution for this.  On windows, you have the folder
with the name of your computer.  So mine says Kliphton.  In this folder you
have downloads, documents, an yes favorites.  This is where your favorites
folder can be copied from.  Just enter the folder that has the name of your
computer, find the favorites, control c to copy the folder, and then save it on
your USB thumb drive or external drive which ever one you are using.  This
works, I have been doing it for almost 4 years.  I have just gotten a MBP, but
before that I was using a MacMini, and then a iMac.  I still have to use
windows for my business, so copying my favorites over was one of the thins I
had to learn.  HTH
Kliphton

~iMessage&Email~ kliph...@outlook.com

~Twitter,Instagram,FourSquare&Skype~ kliphton72

~Text only~ 914-820-2298

"Personal blog-read at your own risk!" http://kliphskorner.wordpress.com