Hi,
I created 2 accounts on my macbook air, one for me and one for my husband.  I
have it set up to display the log in screen upon booting, and we each have to
enter the respective passwords for our accounts.

Everything was working fine until today.  When I tried to log onto my account,
it wouldn't accept my correct password.  Just to double check, I asked for the
password hint.  As I thought, the one I was using was the correct one.  I kept
getting a log on failed message, so reset my password using my apple id, as
prompted by the computer.

Now, I get the log on screen, type in my password, but then nothing happens.
The mac air makes that wonderful bonking sound, and I can't turn on voice over
or anything.

I can log onto the computer using my husband's credentials, but he doesn't have
admin privileges.  I tried to log on as guest, but got the same results as for
my own account.

How do I fix this so I can log on, using my own account?

thanks!
Caitlyn