One thing you might like to try to find a particular cell is the filter and
sort options.
Press VO-shift-\ to jump into the headers.
Press VO-down-arrow and VO-up-arrow until you get to the column reference cell,
and then select it with VO-space.
Navigate until you get to the header of the column in which your expense is
listed, e.g. item description or whatever.
Press VO-shift-m to bring up the context menu, navigate to the filter table
submenu, and select the item you're after.
Alternatively, select sort and filter from the toolbar, and then interact with
the format inspector to choose your filter options.

Also, I need to confess and apologise. In a related thread on this list a short
while back, we were discussing navigating in Numbers, and I said I preferred
VO-arrow keys to navigate around. I need to take that back now. Navigating with
just the arrow keys is actually proving to be better. In particular, VoiceOver
doesn't detect which rows have been filtered or hidden if you navigate using
the VO keys, but if you just use the arrow keys then you won't come across
hidden rows or columns. Using just the arrow keys, you can't wrap around to the
next row and column once you get to the end of a row, but that's not such a big
deal.

Best,
Nic