Hi,

If I were doing it, I would max out the RAM at 16 Gb. The cost of that RAM is
relatively inexpensive and RAM is one thing you will notice if you run a lot of
apps. The Apple specs say they only support 8G because at the time of the
release, I think there were only 4Gb modules that fit it. The architecture of
the machine can handle 16 without any worries.

I think your model is the first Mini that supported the metal door on the
bottom to swap in RAM. (I have the late 2009, which is a pain to do any
upgrades). So, do look at the instructions on both otherworldcomputing.com and
ifixit.com. If you have sighted assistance, the directions at ifixit.com are
top notch. OWC has a video, but the pictures at iFixit.com are very very clear.

And that Mini will last you a long time. I have even looked to purchase the 4,1
used, and it's hard to find because it's a workhorse.

Best of luck.
--k
Faith doesn't give you the answers, it merely stops you from asking the
questions.