Hi,

You can usually just enter the first few letters of the username that appears
in the Login screen then press return.  It will then ask for your password and
you're in.  So, even if you had, for example, Tim, Robert and Barb as users on
your Mac, when the login screen was active, you could just enter "r o", press
return then your password and you'd be in.

HTH.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada