To answer your questions take a look at the preferences in Fusion itself. Look under the keyboard and mouse category. Here you can modify both keyboard and mouse shortcuts and tell Fusion which mac keys if any to intercept. You can also remap one or more keys so that for example the accent key, the key to the left of the number 1 on an English UK keyboard, acts as an insert key when inside the VM.