I use enter to open messages too. I hate to have mail marked as read when I
arrow past it, so I completely closed the preview pane. Therefore, vo-j will do
nothing, since it just jumps to that pane.

The disclosure triangle thing is still present. Basically, you hear "x message
conversation collapsed disclosure triangle" no matter what, even if you set up
something in the pronunciation dictionary or advanced verbosity settings. The
only way to prevent this is by setting verbosity to high in Mail.
On May 15, 2014, at 7:22 PM, Eugenia Firth <gigifi...@me.com> wrote:

> Hi there
> I have not used VO j for some time. When I go into emails, I find the return
> key works for me. I am having trouble with my email at all.
>
> Gigi
>
> On May 15, 2014, at 6:12 PM, alia robinson <ali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Nope, the email stuff is worse than ever. VO/J is even worse, sigh.
>>
>> Alia
>> On May 15, 2014, at 7:10 PM, Jonathan Mosen <jmo...@mosen.org> wrote:
>>
>>> None of the accessibility annoyances in Mail are fixed as far as I can
>>> tell. The collapsed disclosure triangle bug still exists and so does the
>>> unreliable VO-J.
>>> Jonathan Mosen
>>> Mosen

Have a great day,