Hi, Actually, the screen did not read the resulting next screen, which told
me to log into the app store with my username and password. Had to get a
sightling to put me into the box. Then installation proceeded normally.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Panarese
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 8:57 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: reinstalling OS

   You shouldn't have to turn off VO.  Or, you shouldn't have to do so.  You
can always toggle it off for a few seconds and turn it back on to see if
that does, by chance, change something.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX 10.7 LION and 10.8 Mountain
Lion

On May 19, 2014, at 6:45 AM, Amy Ruell <aru...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
> Have been trying without success to connect a Baum display via Bluetooth
on the Mac. Spoke at length with Apple support yesterday. After verifying
that I was proceeding correctly, they suggested that I reinstall the OS. I
selected the "reinstall" option and pressed continue, agreed to the license
terms and to allow Apple to verify the authenticity of my computer, but VO
says "install os to Mavrics image" and appears not to be moving.