From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Martin Pilkington
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:35 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: touch screens?

Hi Jean,

Enabling VoiceOver changes the interaction model. A single tap selects
whatever is under your finger, you can then double tap anywhere on the
screen to invoke the action on the item. Scrolling isn't smooth, but instead
moves around by pages, using 3 finger swipe to move around. From my usage of
it, it seems far more intuitive than the keyboard navigation for voice over
(same goes for the similar trackpad command feature in Snow Leopard for
MacBooks with multi touch trackpads). Of course I'm not visually impaired
and don't use VoiceOver every day, so I'm maybe not the best to judge it,
but for testing purposes I find it to be a much nicer system.

Martin