Yes, this is a problem with lists in Pages. It does not happen in TextEdit, but
does happen in Pages. Lists are different in Pages to TextEdit with much more
functionality and customisation. But that additional unnecessary verbiage makes
editing them a real pain in the backside. It happens both with bulleted lists
and numbered lists. Many of my work documents, being legal documents, have
numbered paragraphs so this makes working on them really tedious. Sigh. We
should probably email Apple Accessibility about it but seriously the list of
things I want to contact them about is growing so long it could easily become a
full time job, though sadly an unpaid one.
Best,
Nic