From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 11:30 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: question about running Windows on a Mac

No reason why not. The Air comes with a minimum of an i5 Intel processor which
is pretty speedy. In some ways, a Mac can make for a nicer Windows laptop than
some purpose-built Windows hardware. That said, I'd bump up the RAM if you can.
4GB is going to be a bit tight if you want to allocate 2GB or so to Windows in
a VMWare Fusion setup. I have a MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM and that feels much
more comfy. From what I can tell, Windows beats on hard drives and folks I know
running VMWare on SSD have a much faster performance. As far as ways to run
Windows, Fusion or BootCamp are the main methods. You can fiddle with the free
Virtualbox but you'll get there sooner with Fusion. Asking about Fusion v.
Bootcamp will get you a lot of opinions wither way. Bootcamp lets you get the
full speed of your hardware but you have to reboot to get back to the Mac,
making it harder to integrate stuff from both platforms. VMWare adds a layer of
goo for Windows to ride on top of which slows down performance, but at least
you can copy/paste between the two worlds and, when you don't need Windows, you
just quit vmware.

CB

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯