Hello everyone!
I leave here some interesting information for many, because it benefits
everyone.
If anyone would like to participate, please spread this and contact me.

A few years ago, Apple and its technologies began to revolutionize the way
people with special needs interact with technology; and today, millions of
people worldwide, have benefited from it to accomplish a fuller life in areas
ranging from personal autonomy, to vocational and educational productivity.
Apple is working every day to improve their technology, and give apps and
content creators , different ways to develop materials which are accessible to
all. However, precisely developers and publishers, are the ones which must
become aware that all users, regardless of their physical or cognitive
characteristics, are entitled to benefit from their creations.
At an educational level, it is known that there are a large number of
applications and textbooks that are not yet accessible; and are beyond the
reach of students, even when they have an inclusive operating system at hand.
"" Taking accessibility one step beyond  "was born in order to openly express
the importance of creating accessible apps and content, not those made
specifically for people with special needs, but entirely accessible to all
users.
As a first step, a video will be created to show at a conference where several
developers and publishers worldwide will be present, in addition the material
will be broadcasted to make it visible for all after the conference.
If some one wants to participate, he or she should send a short video, maximum
45 seconds, where teachers, students with disabilities of all ages or any one
who  supports special education technologies,  states two things:
1.  what new paths have accessible technologies opened regarding education and
why, and how Apple has transformed learning with them for people with special
needs?
2., why do you think that more accessible apps and contents, should be created,
and how would this change your way of teaching and learning?
Participants must record a short video using their mac, iPad or iPhone,
specifying if he or she is a student, teacher, support teacher, or parent of a
student with special needs  and answering the two questions in a direct way;
this is, not repeating the actual question in their speech.
In order to protect susceptible information, participants don't need to specify
their names, work or study institutions in the video.
We encourage the participation of students of all ages, including children,
because their experiences are very interesting. How ever, if a person under 18
years old wants to participate, he or she must have their parents or tutor
approval.
If you or some one around you want to participate, he or she most send their
video before June 20 at 23:59 +1 GMT to:
daniela.ru...@me.com
Due to NDA and data protection issues, I can't speak just now openly about the
exact details of the conference in which this first video is going to apear,
but if some one is interested, please contact me off list and I can explain
further.
I really think that this is a very good opportunity  to create awareness. We
have very accessible technology, now we need to bring that accessibility and
inclusion to apps and contents.
Thank you for reading this and I wipe we can make it posible.

Daniela Rubio T

iPhone: +34662328507