Hi, David,

The finder has three basic views: list view, column view, and icon browser.
List view and column view are the most accessible. The list view has a table
with fairly detailed information about each file. You can expand the folders
from the table or use option-down-arrow to go into the focused folder and
remain there while manipulating files. Column view is kind of like a tree view
in Windows. Icon view is, I think, a grid that shows icons for your folders and
files. So the table is for your list view, and the browser is either for column
view or icon view.

To get to these views on the fly, there are keyboard shortcuts: command-1 for
icon view, command-2 for listview, and command-3 for column view. You can
adjust a folders default view or the default view for all folders with
command-J.

I hope this helps.

Teresa

"Twinkle, twinkle, little bat