Hi,

Sounds like it may be corrupted although, I'm totally familiar with the
complicated methods that venders use to protect storage.  On occasion, I've
been able to get past this sort of thing by doing a double-partition process.
I first partition the media with multiple partitions in the format opposite to
the one I hope to use in the end, then go back to one partition in the proper
format for the final try.  So, in your case, tell it to have two partitions in
MacOS Extended (Journaled), apply the changes, wait for it to complete, then go
back to one partition with FAT32 formatting.

Beyond that, I may be stumped for now.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada