Hi,

Most of your questions were answered by Chris, but, is it a good idea to do it
prior to the release of the new OS in the Fall?  Unnecessary in my opinion.  If
you're not having any problems, with your current installation, then simply do
the install/upgrade over your existing one.  In 99/100 times, there won't be
any problems.  Just make sure, as always, to have a solid, working backup
before you do the upgrade install.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada