Hi Daniel,

For your first question, I have two responses.  If you are two people using
Pages in the first place, why bother putting the document into Word prior to
the final product.  I suggest you leave it in Pages.  Now, my second answer to
the first question is not exactly.  Since Pages easily opens Word documents,
you can either set your Mac so that Word documents automatically open in Pages,
use the Open With option in the Contextual menu or open it directly from within
Pages.  After opened, you can edit and export to Word.

For your second question, I would 99 times out of 100 save it to the .docx
format as it is the current standard.  When using the .doc extension, it's
being saved in an earlier format and you're causing things to be unnecessarily
converted an extra time.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada