Hi,

Actually, this problem, in my opinion, make it necessary to do a clean install.
Keychain problems can be frustrating, but can usually be worked around either
through the Keychain Utility, the Terminal, or logging in as a Guest user and
manipulating things from there.  One thing to note with respect to your iCloud
Keychain vs your regular Mac keychain, is that they are different entities.  At
login, if asked for a Keychain password, it will have to do with your Mac's
login password, not your Apple ID or iCloud Keychain code.  You did though,
already do the complete install, so this is just for future reference.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada