Hej.
 go into VO utility, VO F8, commanders, command 8,keyboard commander. The
keyboard commander is the third tab.
Make sure that the keyboard commander is checked.
Now press the add button. Press the key that you want associated with the mute
speech toggle, and go to the popup button with the commands list.
You will use, by default, the right option key plus the key combination.
The mute speech toggle is in the audio menu.
Hope this was helpful.

Matt Dierckens
Macintosh Trainer
Blind Access Training
www.blindaccesstraining.com
1-877-774-7670 ext. 3
matt...@blindaccesstraining.com
Introduction to the Macintosh Operating system and voiceover course available
now.
Spots are limited, sign up here
http://blindaccesstraining.com/training-courses/