No you are doing every thing right.
To copy paragraphs try turning on quick nav and switch it to [aragraphs.
Next press vo enter to start selecting text.
Next try pressing vo down arrow to select  the text.
Next press command c to copy it and then paste it in to you're document.
If this doesn't work or if have you have any questions reply to this.
isaac
isaac.heb...@gmail.com
 Skype gold_wildcat