Hi,

Anyway, having made a rather smooth transition from Windows to the
Macintosh a couple of months ago, (if you consider having to reinstall
after getting it), I have at least one question about Automator. I
used it a little bit in Leopard. It seemed to work fine, and that's
not really problem until Snow Leopard was installed.

What happens now, is that if I add an action such as "Text to Audio"
to my workflow, it'll say "busy" for some time. When it's ready, every
time I move to a different item on the screen it'll say "Busy" for
about ten seconds before I can move on. However, this happens every
time I move in Automator after adding said action. Is there any way to
fix this? Hopefully, I'm not the only one having this issue, or
finding it annoying.

This happens in sidebars and file browsers as well, particularly in
Disk Utility, where I'm forced to quit the process before the Mac
becomes responsive again.

While I know you can add this action to the "Services" submenu, I just
can't let go of how I used to do it. I did try that, though, and with
no success. I'd imagine the action is supposed to show up in said
submenu, but it does not. Most likely me doing something wrong, but
according to someone else I took the right steps. I'll outline exactly
what I did below.

1) Went to the "Services" submenu, and entered Service Preferences.
2) I proceeded to the "Shortcuts Categories" table, and of course, it
will already be focussed on the services category.
3) I went onward to the "Keyboard Shortcuts" table, found text, then
checked "Add to iTunes as a spoken track" then added a command.

Now, my impression would be that it should appear in the "Services"
submenu in an application such as Text Edit. This does not happen.

Anyone got any corrections to both of these queries?

Greatly appreciated.

Nic