I don't think there currently is such a tool as media is embedded in so many ways in the browser. Only solution is to comb through the rendered HTML to dig up the URL. Media in Safari is handled by the QuickTime plugins and there are no VLC plugins as of yet. So even if you disabled the QT plugins that would just result in errors. Embedding another video player such as VLC into Safari would probably take some tricky work for a developer.

CB