Dear Gigi,

Thank you so much for trying.  Like you, I've discovered the copying of the
entire document from Preview into a TextEdit document.  The formatting is
preserved although I can't say to what extent.

Anne's method will help me copy just a couple of words which is the case from
time to time, like for instance a license number or a telephone number.  But
your method is a clever one.

Best wishes

Andrew