Dear List, when the time comes to upgrade my mac, to yosemeti, I wonder how you
go about installing one version of osx over another.  I know that a clean
install is the best option, but it seems to be extremely complicated.  When the
new os arrives am I right in thinking it is downloaded from the app store
itself not from software update, and once it is downloaded how is the process
started.  I want the features of the new os but I am terrified that I will go
from having a functioning mac, to having a broken one through upgrading.  .
When the new os is installed and the computer restarts does it come up talking?
 Does it keep the settings from the previous version of osx? What do you do if
something goes wrong with the upgrade?  Maybe it is a hang over from my
windows days, but I am uneasy about interfering with the os.  Do we have a
confirmed release date for yosemeti?
Many Thanks Lee