Yeah.  And not only that, but Apple should have also made the stream work
better.

On Sep 10, 2014, at 10:37 PM, Sabahattin Gucukoglu <listse...@me.com> wrote:

Apple invented and use HTTP live streaming; they only need to offload one copy
of the chunks from their origin server to each global edge node.  That load
could easily have been tested ahead of time, IMO, so I'm not sure I buy this
bit about the Internet not being ready for an Apple live event.  It's not the
Olympics, you know.  Although, I think it's probably time to reengineer
application-layer protocols so they are better compatible with efficient
distribution models.  Or we could use multicast, because that's what it's there
for.

Barry Hadder
bhad...@gmail.com