Hi Mike,
The latest version of Hangouts is extremely usable with all functions labeled
and responsive. It is somewhat resource intensive though, so be prepared to put
up with some lag on older devices. It supports voice and audio calls between up
to seven people I think. You can even invite people when already in the call.
Lastly, on a less positive note, it can be a serious drain on battery.

Respectfully,
Aser Tolentino, Esq.