You'll be pleased to know VoiceOver didn't lose focus at my end when Setup Assistant ran. It also didn't stop speaking either. I also no longer needed to quit and restart VoiceOver for it to work properly during Setup Assistant. There are some good fixes and maybe not so good fixes as with any major release.

Sent from my laptop