Turns out, a monitor had become disconnected  from the Mac Mini, everything was
running terribly slow, now that the monitor is connected, Mail is working
great, along with everything else so far in Yosemite.
Thanks.

From: Brandt Steenkamp
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 1:26 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Mail Busy

Hmm, that’s a new one. I will ask around, anyone have any ideas besides the
obvious one of rebooting the machine?

Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent from my macbook pro

Contact me:

Mobile/iMessage/WatsApp: +27605259181

Email: brandt.steenk...@gmail.com

My ring to Skype:
California, United States
  +(1)760-5140161
Extension 512
Cape Town, South Africa
   +(27)213-002317
Extension 161
Johannesburg, South Africa
+(27)105-002316
Extension 170

Skype: Brandt.steenkamp007

SIP: 5500...@spokn.com

Twitter: brandtsteenkamp

  On 17 Oct 2014, at 8:00 PM, 'Jim Fettgather' via MacVisionaries
<macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> wrote:

  This is a strange phenomenon.
  After installing Yosemite, after launching mail, it is perpetually busy.
  And I mean, it stays busy.
  Absolutely no way to read or compose mail, it’s simply stuck on busy.

  I sure don’t know how to fix this one.