Hi,

Do you have multiple Airport Expresses connected to your network?  If you have
checked multiple locations for sending your music and one of them does not have
speakers connected, that could cause the error.  Second question, is how do you
have the connection from your Express to the stereo?  Is it using the analog
connection with RCA plugs into the stereo or is it using an optical cable?
I’ve not experienced those errors on my system with the analog RCA connection
to the stereo.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada