Hello,

Thank you for the generous responses.  I have upgraded and at present I'm not
disappointed.  My macbook air is late 2010 and has only 4GB RAM but Yosemite is
working well on it.  I did take great care - having researched things carefully
- to prepare my macbook air for update carefully.  got rid of junk, ran various
scripts using Cocktail, repaired permissions and verified disk.  Then I
upgraded and two or three hours later, I have my macbook air working well.  No
lag in Mail so far.  I hope I will be as pleased as some on the list are.

Thanks to all of you for being so supportive.

Andrew