Hi,
I too have upgraded to Yosemite and have a few problems.
I'm running a 2009 MacBook with 4GB of ram.
I have not had a problem with lag,
But when I press command cama to open finder preferences, it says finder has no windows.
I get the same thing if I choose preferences from the finder menu.
Another problen I'm having is with Google Chrome.
It will not let me interact with html content.
I did a disk permissions repair and rebooted with no luck.
Note this was a upgrade, because I did not have a 8GB drive to create an installer.
My last problem is sometimes it is very hard to get to the desktop.
pressing the F11 key says desktop, but the arrow keys produces a ding sound.
I get the same results with VO+Shift+D.
sometimes it will work if I press VO+F1 twice, and choose desktop.
So far, these are the only bugs for me.
Thanks,
Rob