Hi!
I can’t find a “retina display one,” but I did change my graphics settings from
“better battery life,” to “power performance.”  Not sure if this is what you’re
talking about, but it’s in Prefs/Energy Saver.  Also, another repair
permissions and restart may have fixed at least the network acquisition issue.
As for the choke points along cable systems, I haven’t had much problem with
this until now. Out of curiosity, I just went to
www.speedtest.net
and ran their test.  All the columns came up “N/A.”  I cannot understand why.
Hmmm.

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
http://MarkBurningHawk.net/