Dear Pam,

I did some searches in the iTunes store a few hours ago under Yosemite.

First, you need to select "store" radio button.  Then as you vo+arrow through
the window, just to the left of "previous itunes page" you will hear a popup
window opening.  You can start typing your search immediately then.  Voiceover
doesn't actually tell you that it is the usual search text box.  It will do so
if you press escape after hearing the popup window sound.  It's tricky but have
a go and see how it goes.  I successfully found some music I wanted and I was
able to purchase it it.

Hope this will help.

Andrew