is the track pad a mouse or can it also be served as a touch screen keyboard?
Hank

On 10/27/2014 7:55 PM, Tim Kilburn wrote:
Hi,

The Preview pane is where the message body is automatically displayed when focus is put on a specific message in the Messages List. To the sighted user, they either click on a message, or arrow down the list, and as focus is put on the item in the list, the body quickly appears to the right or below, I can’t remember which location for sure. For the VO user, it is similar, except that if you just arrow down through the messages list, without jumping over to read the message, it is counted as a “read” message even though you didn’t actually read the body of the message. Many of us don’t like this, thus, turn off the Preview pane so only messages that we’ve actually read show up as read.

Regarding the use of the Trackpad, that is just one tool that can do the job. A mouse can do the trick just the same as a Trackpad. When you use the mouse, do exactly as the instructions say to do with the Trackpad, but hold down the mouse button instead and drag as outlined in those instructions. If you really do wish the portable Trackpad for your Mini, I would just order it from the Apple On-line store and have it shipped to your home instead of going an hour away to the Apple Store. The nearest Apple Store for me is a 5 hour drive, so, the On-Line Store is my normal method.

HTH.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada