Hello,
I have also had problems with one of my Macs when putting it to sleep. I am experiencing the same behavior when I wake it back up again. I can get the VoiceOver sounds to play, however, no matter how many times I try to toggle VoiceOver on and off, I get nothing, and I am forced to reboot the machine to get VoiceOver back. My Macs are up-to-date on everything. Sometimes, a permissions repair will help for a little while, but, sometimes not. It's weird. I did not have this behavior in Mavericks. I have also had a problem with slow download speeds. What I did was to go into System Preferences, then to Network, and then find Wi-Fi in the list, click the Advanced Button, and under the Wi-Fi Tab, there is a table. This table lists the networks you have connected to before. Once you find the network you are connected to in that table, VO right until you get to the "Remove Profile" button. Then, click that and tell it that you are sure that you want to do this, as a confirmation dialog comes up asking you if you are sure. Then, click OK. Then, close System Preferences being sure to save your changes. Then, turn Wi-Fi Off, and back on again. Doing this will actually forget the network. Then, find your network in the list of available networks, and reconnect to it.
I did that, and it fixed the problem for me.
I apologize if I have forgotten anything, I am doing this completely from memory, and do not have any macs here to look at to make sure I gave the right directions.
I hope this helps some,
Jeffrey
On 10/28/2014 10:48 AM, Mark Baxter wrot    e:
Ever since upgrading my MBP15 (built around 2008, 4G RAM), random things have been changing, every time I put my Mac to sleep and wake it up again. For example: Safari will not access my banking website (www.usbank.com <http://www.usbank.com>), and shows an empty HTML pane after I enter my password. However, I can log into the same website with the same user name and password with my iPad’s US Bank app, no problem. Every other page seems to load fine, but my download speed continues to be low.

The next odd thing was that, when I woke my Mac this morning, VoiceOver wouldn’t talk, nor did shutting it off and relaunching it help; I had to shut off the mac and restart it to regain VO. When I did this, the system voice had changed from Samantha to Alex, even though I downloaded the Samantha voice upgrade. Very odd. One day, I’ll wake up my Mac and it’ll be talking in Swahili backwards with a German accent.

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
http://MarkBurningHawk.net/

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>.