Hi,
I'm not sure quite how to explain this, but here goes. In Mavericks, I had my
mac set up to let me know whenever a new file  was being added to my downloads
folder so I knew a safari  download had started and finished. Now, under
Yosemite, often the dialog box is there, asking me to press enter whether I
want to view the new file or not, but there's no alert associated with it. The
box just appears and I can be typing away in an email without realising it's
there. I'd just like to be alerted properly about it.
I've looked in finder preferences but don't see anything there about
notifications. Please can somebody tell me whether I can tweak this so it's
back to how I want it if possible.
Hopefully this made sense to somebody.

Cheers
Lisette