I don't use android devices, but my understanding is that when you plug them
into a USB port, they look like hard drives. If that's the case, your Mac will
see it like a drive, and it will be very easy for you to copy data to and from
the unit.
Also, don't forget that underneath it's glittery surface, the Mac has UNIX. You
can always go to a shell, and do things that way, if you feel you would be
faster.