Dear Lisette,

I upgraded to Yosemite a few weeks ago but have not had any trouble with
Dropbox.  Please forgive me if I say something you have already tried.

I’ve just gone to menu extras with ctrl+f8.  Once there, use vo+left and right
arrows to move through the menu items.  Otherwise if you just use arrow keys on
their own, you won’t find Dropbox item.  So now, using vo+arrow keys, I have
found Dropbox icon.  Now you have to bring mouse cursor to vo cursor with
vo+command+f5.  And then perform mouse click with vo+shift+spacebar.  You will
hear something like “application”.  (If you get thrown out of the process here,
use windows chooser menu  to find Dropbox application window.)  Now I used
vo+arrow keys again to move through the window where voiceover reads titles of
my files in Dropbox.  The “settings” button or rather clickable area is at the
very right of this list.  I clicked on it and heard voiceover say menu.  Now
you can arrow up and down that menu and at the bottom you will find
“preferences”.  Activate preferences.  If you get thrown out of this process by
any chance - which happened to me - use your window chooser facility to find
the dropbox window again.  Once in preferences,  you will have a few buttons:
General, account, and two to other buttons which I can’t remember now.  You can
choose whatever button with the usual vo+spacebar here.  Voiceover will
announce that a button is selected but for me I couldn’t actually see the
content of the window that I expected to have appeared as a consequence of my
selection.  After some experimenting, I realise that in here you have to press
your tab button to move into the window to examine its content and make changes.

I hope this might help.  Sorry if this description is a bit complex but dropbox
is not very easy.  By the way, my dropbox version is 2.10.41.

Also, if you check your home folder, can you see dropbox folder there?

Best wishes

Andrew