thank you Sir.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cheryl Homiak" <cah4...@icloud.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: Moving item to the desktop

Two comments here.

While I agree that using the dock and/or launchpad and/or keyboard commander are the best options, some people do put applications on the desktop. But they don't copy or move the actual applications there; instead they create an alias of the application. This is done by selecting the application in finder and doing cmd-l. You will then have two application items showing for that application in the Applications folder but one says "alias". You then can copy the alias to the desktop and send the alias still left in Applications to trash and empty the trash. But you would want to be extremely careful not to send the actual application to trash by accident. Again, I see no particular advantage to doing this but i do know that some people prefer to work from the desktop and therefore put some of their most-used applications there by this method. When you send the alias to the trash and then empty the trash, you do not harm the actual application.

Secondly, in addition to using option-m for Mail and option-s for safari with keyboard commander turned on (I believe it's right option by default but you can choose either option key when turning this on), you also can create other shortcuts in keyboard commander for other much-used applications.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: