Hello Mark B.

Did you ever resolve your mail navigation problem?

Mark T.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Mark Baxter
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 7:47 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: odd cursor behavior with VO and Mail tables

I’m having an issue with Voiceover’s operation within Mail under Yosemite.  I
read my mail by interacting with the messages table and cursoring down through
subject fields.  When I want to read the text of a message, I use VO-J to get
to the message content area and read it.  Now, though, when I hit VO-J, my VO
mac’s cursor is not moving to the message content area, but the VO cursor still
is.  The result is that I can read a message’s content with my VO cursor, but
my native cursor is still in the messages table, and if I use the arrow keys
without VO keys, my focus moves to an entirely different message, and the
content area changes.  I have checked that the VO cursor is following the PC
cursor.  I’ve checked that cursor tracking is on.  I’ve restarted VO and even
the entire computer.  My cursors keep separating in Mail, and I don’t like it.
Any fixes for this?

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
http://MarkBurningHawk.net/