From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:27 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: How do you use conversation threading in mail on the Mac

Hi,

To use conversations, first tweak the following settings.
1, press control option M for menu bar.
arrow over to view menu,
arrow down to view messages by conversation and press enter.

2, press command comma to open the mail preferences,
tab to viewing and press space bar.
Tab to the checkbox wich reads, “show most recent message at the top”, and
check or uncheck it to taste.

I prefer to view my most recent message at the top the way you describe below,
but I prefer to view any given conversation in the order the messages were
received, oldest message first.  Therefore, I have the box in step two
unchecked.

Back in your inbox you will now see that you have substantialy fewer messages.
This is because you are now seeing all messages with the same thread grouped
together.  The messages haven’t gone away.

Arrowing up and down your inbox, you will now hear thread collapsed before the
from and subject of many of the messages.

To read a conversation, assuming quicknav is off, press the right arrow to
expand the conversation.  Assuming quicknav is on, interact with the messages
table and press control option space on the disclosure triangle on the left to
expand or collapse the conversation.  With the conversation expanded, you read
the messages in whichever manner you are used to.

To delete an entire conversation without reading it, press the delete key while
the conversation is collapsed and all messages will be moved to trash.  You can
also move or copy entire conversations this way.

Erik Burggraaf