Hello Nick and others,

product line is a good method for scanning documents.
Nick, I would be interested to see what Hazel rules you create to help make
your processing of scanned documents more efficient.
I first heard of the ScanSnap series of scanners from the Mac Power Users
podcast. Additionally, this is the same podcast that introduced me to
Hazel, LaunchBar, Text Expander, and of course, the Scan Snap.
I am using the S1300I model, which is very nice.
While it is true that files need to be converted with the proprietary
software, PDFPen Pro has done well at preforming OCR on some files for me.
Nick, in your post you did mention that you were able to successfully
configure your ScanSnap to automatically preform OCR on documents after
they were scanned? could you tell me how you accomplished this?
Furthermore, the unlabeled buttons are easily definable, but it is somewhat
tedious to determine what each does without invoking the function of said
unlabeled button. Thus, here is the list from left-to-right:
Delete, File, Mail, Print, Mobile, Dropbox, Google docs, and Salesforce
Chatter.
It appears after this, while there appear to be more unlabeled buttons,
they seem to repeat in functionality.