I don’t believe AFP has a built-in reader. I have AFP setup to automatically
export the scanned results to textedit and I read it there.
After completing a scan, you’ll need to poke around to find the export facility
(probably in the menus somewhere). I forget how I did it long ago, but it can’t
be too difficult if I figured it out.